You have no items in your shopping cart.
A smile is the most beautiful and precious accessory you can ever wear. Wearing a lovely smile makes people comfortable and happy around you. But what if your teeth hinder you to smile?
Dental problems like decay and missing teeth can affect your confidence and thus hinder you to smile. Fortunately, there are a few options available for you to fix this problem. If wearing dentures is not an option, you can opt for a better fix and get a dental implant.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a titanium metal frame or post that looks like the root of a tooth or a screw. It is embedded into the jawbone below the gums through a dental surgical procedure. The dental implants or the artificial tooth roots allow the dental professional to mount the artificial or replacement teeth known as the crowns into it. It is more stable and sturdy than dentures.
Advantages of dental implants
Just like the latest dental technologies and instruments like the dental loupes, dental implants also offer a significant advancement in the field of dentistry. Though there are a few options available to fix and replace a damaged or missing tooth like bridges and dentures, many people still opt for a dental implant as it offers more benefits. These benefits include:
* It helps restore your jaw's bite force and allows you to chew food almost the same way as using your natural teeth.
* It prevents bone mass loss in your jaw.
* It helps to restore or support your facial structure and prevent face shape changes.
* It is easy to maintain and care for.
* It does not decay or get cavities.
* It can perfectly match the shape, color, and size of your natural teeth.
* It is the best permanent fix to a missing tooth.
* It allows you to speak naturally and easily and it does not alter your ability to pronounce words correctly.
* It restores your youthful appearance and your beautiful smile.
Disadvantages of dental implants
Dental implants also have their share of disadvantages. The primary disadvantage of a dental implant is the cost. It is quite more expensive than the other options. It can cost as much as $5,000 for a single implant. Not to mention, an additional approximately $1,000 to $2,000 for the partial denture and around $300 to $600 for dental bonding.
Since a dental implant is done under a surgical procedure, it also comes with some risks like infections and excessive bleeding.
Will dental implants last long?
Provided that you properly take care of your artificial tooth root and tooth, the implant can last for 25 years or more. The artificial tooth or the crown normally last for 10 to 15 years. After such time, you will have to replace the crown.