You have no items in your shopping cart.
Are you dreaming of becoming an exceptional dentist? Do you want to study only at the best dental school in the United States? Or perhaps, you are wondering where the most outstanding dentist in your town studied dentistry. No matter what your reasons why you want to know the best dental schools in the US today, we will give you the information you need.
Best US dental schools according to QS world university ranking system
In the 2017 top 10 QS world ranking system, 2 of them are US dental schools. These are:
When the list is expanded to top 25 QS world university ranking, 6 US dental schools are being added. These are:
* Rank #11 is the New York University
* Rank #12 is the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
* Rank #14 is the University of Washington
* Rank #15 is the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
* Rank #15 is the University of Pennsylvania
* Rank #21 is the University of California, San Francisco
When the list is expanded to top 50 QS world university ranking, another 6 US dental schools are added. These are:
* Rank # 33 is the University of Minnesota
* Rank # 36 is the Boston University
* Rank # 41 is the University of Southern California
* Rank # 44 is the Columbia University
* Rank # 47 is the University of Florida
* Rank # 50 is the Tufts University
Top 10 US dental schools based on StartClass ranking
According to the widely acknowledge organization known as StartClass, the top 10 dental schools in the United States 2017 are as follows:
* Rank # 1 the University of California at Los Angeles School of Dentistry in Los Angeles, California
* Rank # 2 the University of California at San Francisco School of Dentistry in San Francisco, California
* Rank # 3 University of Michigan School of Dentistry in Ann Arbor, Michigan
* Rank # 4 University of North Carolina School of Dentistry in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
* Rank # 5 New York University College of Dentistry (NYU) in New York, New York
* Rank # 6 University of Washington-Health Sciences School of Dentistry in Seattle, Washington
* Rank # 7 University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
* Rank # 8 Columbia University College of Dental Medicine in New York, New York
* Rank # 9 University of Florida College of Dentistry in Gainesville, Rank # 10 University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
How are dental schools being ranked?
There are many ways dental schools are being ranked. The criteria greatly vary according to the organization who make the ranking. These criteria may or may not include aspects like the location of the school, the average number of exam passers, the cost, the quality of dentists they produce, the types of dental equipment, facilities, and devices like dental loupes and headlights available, and many other.
Although there are many different organizations that identify which of the current dental schools in the US is the best, and even though they generally do not agree to which one specific school is the number #1 spot, they are able to list down almost the same schools (but with different rankings). For instance, organization A puts dental school A in rank #1 while organization B lists it in the #10 rank.
With the different criteria that organizations use in ranking dental schools, the most highly respected and widely accepted is the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) world university ranking system which is used in determining the best dental schools in the world.