You have no items in your shopping cart.
Being a surgeon is such a rewarding and exciting career. You get to help save lives and improve other people’s health, allowing them to enjoy more time with their loved ones and giving them the opportunity to live a better life. There is nothing more satisfying and rewarding than seeing your patients’ life improved after the surgical operation.
But surgery can also be really challenging and toxic at times. While you may enjoy dealing with the intellectual challenges that come with every surgical procedure that you do, there will be times that you feel really stressed out and downhearted most especially after a very hectic day or perhaps after unsuccessful operations.
Dealing with emotional, mental, and physical stress can be disheartening and daunting. In times when you feel like you want to give up, these 15 inspirational quotations for surgeons can help you get going and do your best every single day. Read on and get inspired!
1. A surgeon should give as little pain as possible while he is treating the patient, and no pain at all when he charges his fee. - Reginald Pound
2. A good surgeon doesn't just concentrate on technical ability, but also on the appropriateness of what you're doing. - Benjamin Carson
3. The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease. - William Osler
4. I don’t dawdle. I'm a surgeon. I make an incision, do what needs to be done and sew up the wound. There is a beginning, a middle, and an end. - Richard Selzer
5. I have made many mistakes myself; in learning the anatomy of the eye I dare say, I have spoiled a handful; the best surgeon, like the best general, is he who makes the fewest mistakes. - Sir Astley Paston Cooper
6. I will give no deadly medicine to anyone if asked, nor suggest any such counsel, and in like manner I will not give any woman the instrument to procure an abortion. … I will not cut a person who is suffering with stone but will leave this to be done by men who are practitioners of such work. - Hippocrates
7. If the love of surgery is a proof of a person’s being adapted for it, then certainly I am fitted to be a surgeon; for thou can’st hardly conceive what a high degree of enjoyment I am from day to day experiencing in this bloody and butchering department of the healing art. I am more and more delighted with my profession. - Lord Joseph Lister
8. It is the surgeon’s duty to tranquilize the temper, to beget cheerfulness, and to impart confidence of recovery. - Sir Astley Paston Cooper
9. A good surgeon operates with his hand, not with his heart. - Alexandre Dumas Père
10. It's a beautiful day to save lives. Let's have some fun. - Derek Shepherd
11. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius
12. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. - Joseph Kennedy
13. What's done is done. What's gone is gone. One of life's lessons is always moving on. It’s okay to look back to see how far you’ve come but keep moving forward. - Roy T. Bennett
14. The Game is never Over, initials says G...O... for the next... - Atul karande
15. 6 Ways To Give Your Mind A Break:
1. Stop stressing
2. Stop worrying
3. Give rest to the problems weighing you down
4. Lighten up
5. Forgive yourself
6. Forgive others
- Germany Kent
Still not using Schultz optical surgical loupes? Get your own surgical loupes now and you will see a drastic improvement in your work. With the right precision instrument, you’ll have better chances for successful surgical operation.